Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It is a PROCESS...



I do not grow by watching time pass while being idle. Once that whistle goes off, the match isn’t just about the 90 minutes anymore but much more about the number of goals first and the quality of showmanship the inadequate 90 minutes can convey.

I do not grow by chewing on my biro in that exam hall and then expect to see an A+ on the result sheets, because to start with, the lecturer has to first read my script (and not a blank page) to know whether I deserve a pass or a fail.

I definitely did not learn how to drive by what I have heard nor read about driving or by being locked away by my own self-afflicted fear of the will-i-crash syndrome, I simply got behind the wheels.

Or which one of us think we would have been here to read this, all grown up and normal (hopefully) if our parents just sat staring at us without feeding or nurturing us, saying, 'My child would soon be 1, chai! He will be ALL GROWN up'.



STIR...

Is it the time that is responsible for the growth or what we consciously fill the time with? Whether or not you fill it up with something, time remains time and growth is not more of a custodian than a revealer.

Without actually getting in the game for the goals, filling the paper with words and getting behind the wheels; how would we ever know if you could score the goals, wow the examiner and really drive a car.

“Growth is the PROCESS of increasing, advancing, mastering or simply adding up to one's self, character, skill etc. It is most times an offspring of acting upon the existing”.
(Kayode Kolade 2014)

Stop thinking about growing. START THE PROCESS!

#Random.Musings.of.a.GeniusMined.
© Kayode Kolade. GeniusMined2014. A RareMusing Works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment