Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I BELIEVE

I don’t know how

I can’t say why

I wouldn’t know when

But I believe

 

Is it fear?

Is it anxiety?

Is it courage?

But I believe

 

I believe in the power of affection

In the strong aura of pure love

Only the natural is natural

I can’t help but feel the ones we share

Slicing through the barriers that tear us apart

Creating a common place for our common mind

I really can’t explain it

And I also can’t fathom it

It’s harder to elucidate

More to me like a syndicate

But through all these

Can I hide my fears from you?

Can I be anxious without you?

Without your support courage is cowardly.

Though all I perceive

In all I know

Just as I see

And I comprehend

The strength of the breadth

With which I say this

“In you… I BELIEVE”

(c) Kayode Kolade (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment