Thursday, June 27, 2013

YOU OVERCAME

That my love for you wakes me eons before my alarm clock does
That my thirst for you brings my knees to the floor quicker than my needs set my foot into the day
That deep worship of who you are to me vibrates through my core, decibels louder than my voice can in singing of your goodness
That you overcame

That before I am offended, I know I have forgiven
That before I am loved, I am a slave to love others
That to me all things are pure
That, so unequivocally, You overcame  

That every of the word of my mouth is seasoned with life
That it all works together for my good, even beyond my eyes can carry
That no weapon formed against me has an element of togetherness
That to confound the wise, You overcame

That in the midst of confusion, all I see is a fusion of the truths
That the endless truths of your love for me transcend all dimensions of reason
That while I was yet a sinner, I was indeed your saint
On that cross, You overcame

That even when I am drawn off by my own desires
That the spirit within gently nudges me aright
That gradually and then confidently my position in you keeps me sane
Surely, You overcame

That all the glory be due you, for all it seemed I did alone
That none of what is mine, truly is
That you wrote my value system correctly
In all sovereignty you overcame

That even when those lines seem worthless to me
That people still find life and direction in them
That through it all, I am mere clay and you the treasure within
'ExceedAntOvely', you overcame

That I just simply never existed
That no-one, nothing will ever mould me like you do
That I may never comprehend my thirst for more of you
Beyond all doubt and conviction, you overcame

That all conscious and unconscious authority
Every victory,obscure and obvious
Is never mine but wholly and truly yours
For now and for always, you overcame

By the temple-cloth-renting blood of the lamb
And the word of our testimony-boldly witnessed, 'death-defyingly' and rightly divided 
We, with every fibre of our being (however in our earthly,frail frame) have overcome
You, through these several dispensation-reaching feats yet 'InOneWordia' overcame

No comments:

Post a Comment